The mount is a Paramount ME.





The mount is manufactured by Software Bisque, located in Golden, Colorado, USA.  It is a German Equatorial Mount, and therefore has some peculiarites in normal operations.



One known problem with this mount has to do with the arrangement of the cables inside.  We fixed this problem September 24, 2008, prior to deployment of the telescope.  A full description of the problem and solution can be found here.


Another issue we ran into with the mount came up as we installed the mount and attempted to perform Polar Alignment and create a Pointing Model.  That had to do with the details of installing the mount in the Southern Hemisphere, and caused problems with the computer knowing where the telescope was pointing, and slewing in the wrong direction.  We solved the problem, and a full description is located here.






Back to Telescope.


Back to System Components.